Newcastle University’s nationally acclaimed Great North Run initiative for…
‘Action on Global Poverty and Action on Climate Change’!
For further information, click here.
“One of the most amazing experiences of my life and it was an honour to take part… Your work is invaluable – please keep up your efforts.” (David Chambers, BSc Engineering)
“A huge thank you for your wonderful support… We’re so grateful… Fantastic! … Good luck to everyone taking part!” (Lucy Moulsdale, Save the Children)
“This is the sort of intelligently compassionate response I applaud.” (Professor Sir George Alberti, former Dean of Medicine at Newcastle, and former President of the Royal College of Physicians)
No deductions for ‘expenses’!
Generous concessions are available to students!
Opportunity to support actions on humanity’s greatest challenges, via agencies with an outstanding track record!
What other team offers the following?
• On-campus training seminar and social;
• Briefings on kit, health and safety;
• Regular updates on training;
• Advice on preparing for the Big Day;
• Fantastic team photo’s just before the Run and at finish!
Joining the Team:
• Let Dr Golding, Team Manager, know you’re interested – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Go to http://www.greatrun.org/great-north-run and click on the green ‘Enter’ button on right of screen.
• Login or complete the registration process (see below), and let Dr Golding know you’ve done so;
• Most of it is straightforward, but where it asks “Do you want to run for SimplyHealth’s nominated charity, Revitalise?”, click “No”;
• Ignore the question which asks whether you want to run for a charity in the Great North Run! You do, but it’s Jubilee Debt Campaign (JDC), not one of the small number of mega-charities which are shown in the list provided! JDC is one of the hundreds of small charities registered with GNR which are not shown;
• If you’re unlucky in the ballot, let Dr Golding know immediately. You’ll have a high priority for one of the team’s 25 ‘charity places’, at the same price (£54).
The Great North Run is the greatest mass-participation sporting event in the world and over a million people have taken part in it. Each year, it’s covered extensively on BBC 2. It’s a ‘Run’, not a ‘Race’, and anyone in reasonable health who’s prepared to take the training seriously can complete it and enjoy doing so. For 2017, it’s scheduled for Sunday 10th September, two weeks before the start of term.
Team photo just before the Run
Our nationally acclaimed ‘University Team’ raises awareness and funds for what are surely the two greatest challenges facing the human race – namely, global poverty and climate change – and to support action on the horrendous humanitarian crises currently in the news. Each team member has a wide choice as to which agency should receive a substantial proportion of the funds they raise.
Raquel and Kristianne at the Finish (2016)
A training seminar and a social, at which technical know-how and experience is shared, instil a sense of community and purpose; help with fundraising is varied and imaginative; and team photo’s before the Run and individual ones at the Finish provide great mementos of a wonderful experience.
“Hand on heart, I have to say that [the support given] is an inspiration to everyone ready to follow into the challenge of the Great North Run” (Professor David Leat, Team Captain).