Entering the Ballot for the Great North Run
Ballot closes 12 noon, Monday 5th February 2018
[Probably a good idea to print out these guidelines before you start.]
• Have your credit or debit card handy – the money won’t be taken unless you’re successful in the ballot.
• Go to http://www.greatrun.org/great-north-run; scroll down and click on the green ‘Enter’ button.
• Register a new ID if you’re a first-timer (e.g., use your email address as your Username and fix on a Password you won’t forget), or login using your previous username and password if you’re an old hand.
• Most of it is straightforward, but where it asks “Do you want to run for SimplyHealth’s nominated charity, Mind?”, click “No” – and make sure it stays on that!
• You can either ignore the question which asks whether you want to run for a charity in the Great North Run, or scroll down the list provided and click on “Other”.
You will be running for several charities, and the team’s sponsor is Jubilee Debt Campaign (JDC), a bona fide, registered charitable trust, but this isn’t one of the small number of mega-charities which are shown in the list provided. JDC is one of the hundreds of small charities registered with GNR which are not shown.
• You’ll be offered entrance to several other runs (at a price), but you may wish to click on “No” to those.
• “Where did you hear about the Great North Run?” – click on “Other” – you could put “University email” in the box which follows.
• Great North Run Events and Services – you’ll probably want to click “I DO NOT WANT…” for this.
• Great North Run Partner Events and Services – click “I DO NOT WANT…”, unless you want a lot of advertising.
• Continue down and provide your credit/debit card details to complete your application.
LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY YOU’VE ENTERED!
Please get in touch if you encounter any problems!
When GNR notify you of the outcome, please let me know immediately, whatever it is. If you’re unsuccessful, you’ll have a high priority for one of the team’s 25 ‘charity places’, at the same price (£55).
Dr David Golding CBE (Team Manager)