North East Call to Action on Global Poverty and Climate Change (NE-CAP): A Review of the Past Year presented by Dr David Golding, CBE, Development Coordinator at the NE-CAP Annual General Meeting, 2 March 2015.
To download the PPT presentation please click this URL (6.4mb): NE-CAP: A Review of the Past Year
Highlights of the Year (excerpted from the PPT):
- ‘Horizon’ – co-sponsored by NE-CAP and Tearfund. An attempt to both ‘stand back’ from our usual concerns and to start a ‘Conversation’ asking bigger questions about values.… to listen, to ask questions and to explore the bigger issues together. And it led to our ‘Eco-Congregations’ initiative.
- The Passing of Bill Peters and Martin Dent, co-founders of Jubilee 2000.
- ‘End Hunger Fast’ – North East CALL FOR ACTION calls for support to ‘End Hunger Fast’ in the UK.
- European Elections May 2014 Questions for Candidates and a commentary to the response of the candidates by David Golding
- ‘Campaigns Energiser Day’ by Antony Mbandi, Director of Caritas Kitui, Kenya, a CAFOD partner
- ‘Celebrate the Great North Run‘ its astonishing charitable endeavours
- ‘Fairtrade: A Grassroots Revolution’ North Region Fairtrade Supporter Conference
- Climate Action: March and Rally
- The Second Newcastle Jubilee Development Lecture ‘Challenges in expanding opportunity in education’ Kevin Watkins, Exec. Director, ODI