Dear Friends of NE-CAP,
Even H.M. is sending a representative to this one! [The Deputy L-L – see below.]
We very much hope that she and the other community leaders who have promised to attend are greeted with a good crowd of supporters of Fairtrade and the wider campaign. Details below and click here for flyer 7th ‘Eve-of-Run’ Gathering
WONDERFUL LINE-UP TO OUR…
SEVENTH ANNUAL, ‘EVE-OF-RUN’ GATHERING, Saturday 10th September, 4.30-5.30pm & 6.00-6.30pm; St Thomas’s Church Haymarket.
Sponsored by Newcastle City Council, Traidcraft, Newcastle University Chaplaincy, and North East CALL TO ACTION of course!
* Ms Lucy Winskell OBE DL, Deputy Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne & Wear;
* Cllr Hazel Stephenson, Lord Mayor of Newcastle and her Consort, Mr Trevor Stephenson;
* Mr John Marshall, Former Lord Mayor of Newcastle and instigator of the city’s Fairtrade status, and Mrs Audrey Marshall;
* Professor Richard Davies, Pro-Vice-Chancellor at Newcastle University.
4.30-5.30pm: ‘ADVOCATES FOR JUSTICE’ campaigns event (this is not a religious service):
* Chair, Chi Onwurah, MP for Newcastle Central;
* Keynote address by Andy Biggs, Chief Executive of Traidcraft;
* Items by renowned singer/songwriter, Gareth Davies-Jones; and by Alysa Remtulla, runner & staff member at STOPAIDS; and Charlie Tunmore, runner & staff member at Jubilee Debt Campaign.
6.00-6.30pm: ‘SERVICE OF BLESSING for the Great North Run, and those in need at home and abroad’, led by Revd Catherine Lack (University Chaplain):
A brief service of Christian worship, to which those of all faiths and none will be warmly welcome. This year the service will highlight women and men who’ve done extraordinary runs / Olympic exploits.
For further information, contact Dr David Golding CBE (email@example.com)